Things I love

OK, so it’s not quite Valentine’s Day yet, but love is in the air. Well, in the air of sports, anyway. I recently compiled a list of things that I love, so here we go.
    I love hearing Dr. Hank Flick’s basketball intro. “To The Hump … for HOOPS!”
    I love it when State makes a run, and 10,000 plus people stand up and scream as one.
    I love watching LaToya Thomas make everyone on the other team look like they’re standing still.
    I love hearing “Hail State” being played by the pep band.
    I love it when Rick’s Rowdies are at their loudest.
    I love it when we win.
    I love the anticipation before baseball season.
    I love the smell of the food being grilled in the Left Field Lounge.
    I love hearing the “ping” of the bat and the “pop” in the gloves.
    I love hearing the guy in the back of the grandstands yell “Knock it ouuuuuut, Jon!”
    I love hearing the little kids singing “Take Me Out To The Ballgame” during the seventh inning stretch.
    I love it when we win.
    I love hearing the phrases “contenders for a national championship” and “Mississippi State” used in the same sentence.
    I love watching Pierre Browne and Dion Crabbe run.
    I love it when athletes from all over the world decide to spend their college days at State wearing maroon and white.
    I love it when we win.
    I love watching Brooke Best and Jennifer Jessup track down ground balls in the infield. I love afternoon doubleheaders at the softball field.
    I love it when we win.
    I love watching the football spring game during Super Bulldog Weekend.
    I love seeing the new and veteran players getting together for another season of Bulldog football.
    I love it when we win.
    I love wearing maroon and white.
    I love telling people back home where I go to school.
    I love the Bulldogs–win or lose.
    You should, too.
    Random Ramblings
    While no human has the ability to be completely random, I’m going to give it my best shot.
    * Congratulations to former Bulldog Ellis Wyms whose current team, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, won Super Bowl XXXVII Sunday night over the Oakland Raiders. Wyms is a starter on the vaunted Tampa defense, who shut down the Raider offense.
    * Toward the end of the Arkansas-Mississippi basketball game Saturday night, UM students began to chant “We want State!” Be careful what you wish for, Rebels–you just may get it.
    * By the way, if any of you have been paying attention, you would notice that every single sports writer involved in The Reflector Roundball Roundup isn’t doing very well. Coming into week three, 11-9 leads. But in our defense, we’ve been picking really tough games. We usually do know what we’re talking about.