MSU teammates tribute Hubert

Heather Ammann
    Courtney’s loss was very hard for everyone involved with the MSU Women’s soccer program. I would have to say that May 13 was the worst day of my life. But even as hard as it was for me, I can never imagine what the world is like for the Hubert’s in the absence of both of their beautiful daughters.
    Recently, the team took a trip to Vicksburg to visit Court’s home and grave. Most of us had not seen her parents since the funeral and it was as hard for them to see us as it was for us to see them. But, I am definitely glad to have seen them because I think it gave them a sense of peace to be surrounded with all of Courtney’s teammates.
    My life, as well as countless others, will never be the same after the loss of two such special people. Our team is still hurting everyday … even something as simple as walking through the Student Union makes me feel sick to my stomach as it brings back memories of freshman year with Courtney.
    The other day, Emily and I ate dinner at Applebee’s (as Court, Em, and I often did). I looked across the table at Em and suddenly I was so angry. It wasn’t right that Courtney was not there next to her. For a minute I had forgotten that she was really gone and I tried to recall the last time the three of us had been there together. It baffled me that only four months ago we had been in the same restaurant, never knowing that it would be the last time we ate there together. There will always be moments like that moment I had at Applebee’s … and I love that .. .because that’s how I know I will never forget her.
    April Berry
    “The more I cry I think of you, every now and then that’s all I can do. Memories and pictures is all I see, but you and me will forever be.”
    Courtney Hubert, I love you and will see you soon!
    Becca Edwards
    Courtney was incredible! She had a way of making me smile when no one else could. She was independent, determined and cared deeply about all the people she was close to. She left a huge whole in all our hearts, but I was blessed to have the opportunity to be a part of her life.
    Meghan Odom
    “If I could give you one thing, I would wish for you the ability to see yourself as others see you. Then you would realize what a truly special person you are.”
    Amber Meesey
    “To me, Courtney is still with us. I think about her everyday. I can hear her laugh when it’s quiet, or when we’re all laughing as a team. I feel like she’s still on the field with us. We surround ourselves with memories of her, but it’s not the same. I miss her so much. I can’t wait until we’re united with her again … it will be one heck of a soccer game.”
    Betty Ann Casey
    “Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.” –Unknown author.
    This quote is a reminder to me of how Courtney went about in her daily life. Courtney will always be looking down on us and helping us when we need her most. She is deeply missed and will forever stay in my heart. I love and miss you, Courtney.
    Karen Sandrik
    “I can do everything through Him who gives me strength” -Philippians 4:13.
    Courtney applied this in her life more than anyone I have ever known. Everyday she had a great attitude, no matter what was happening, and she attacked the opportunities given to her. She would try anything and wasn’t afraid of failure because she had such confidence in herself and the gifts she was blessed with.
    I will always love and miss you Court, and because I know you are waiting for me, I will rejoice and never be fearful of the day that we will be rejoined in a better place.
    Emily Meyers
    “As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen.”
    Morgan McDonald
    “If I could get away, I’d be there today. You’d be wearing that smile I haven’t seen in a while.”