Allen Hall electrical fire injures worker

An electrical fire injured a Mississippi State University employee who was working in Allen Hall about 11:30 a.m. Thursday.
    Randy Bouchillon, assistant electrical supervisor of the MSU physical plant administration, suffered severe burns. He was taken to Oktibbeha County Hospital for evaluation and treatment.
    Emergency personnel responded to a call reporting an electrical fire injury in Allen Hall.
    “It was a physical plant worker who was working on an electrical panel,” associate director of University Relations Maridith Geuder said.
    Stephanie Busby, a junior in elementary education who was on the first floor of Allen Hall, heard the explosion.
    “I was sitting in class and I heard a loud ‘bang,’ like something had dropped on the second floor,” Busby said. “We had to go outside because the fire alarm went off. It went off two more times after that.”
    Students in Allen Hall were led outside when the first fire alarm went off. After a few minutes classes resumed. The fire alarm went off two more times and several classes ended early because of the commotion.
    Starkville fire marshal Rodger Mann said, “It was just a basic electrical accident.”
    He said little fire was involved, but he did not see the individual.
    Peter Rook, assistant director of MSU’s physical plant, said the cause of the accident is still under investigation.