Noon Day Ring brings cowbells off shelves

The Student Association now encourages people to bring their cowbells to campus this Friday to participate in an event called Noon Day Ring.
    Kathryn Adamson, head of the SA Student Activities Committee, said that at noon this Friday, people all across the campus should ring their cowbells to show support for the upcoming Homecoming game against Memphis.
    Adamson said that when the chapel bells on campus ring at noon, everyone should start ringing their cowbells.
    “You can ring your cowbells wherever you are,” said Adamson. “But a lot of people are going to congregate on the Drill Field.”
    Adamson said the main idea behind this event is to show school spirit and love for Mississippi State. The SA cabinet has been trying to come up with some new traditions for the university to help create school pride.
    Holli Hitt, a member of the SA Cabinet, said, “Traditions are important because they build a sense of pride and respect-in effect they are a representation of the things that we hold dear. With fewer and fewer cowbells appearing in the stadium, I think it’s important to preserve this piece of MSU history by making cowbells visible in other ways.”
    Garry Graves, another member of the committee, said the SA is hoping that everybody all over the campus will participate in the event. If Noon Day Ring becomes a success, then it could happen more frequently.
    “Ultimately, we want to get it done every week (before a football game),” Graves said.
    Adamson said the SA hopes this event catches on and becomes one of many new traditions for MSU.
    “The Student Association has recognized the importance of establishing meaningful traditions that can be passed on to future students,”said Hitt. “And I’m excited about the possibility of making the Noon Day Ring a tradition.”
    2Reflector Newspaper2SORTb™2STR
    o”