RHA celebrates Founder’s Week

The Residence Hall Association has served a faithful 40 years to the Mississippi State University campus. “40 Years and Striving” is the slogan as the RHA prepares to celebrate its 40th anniversary.
    In celebration of its anniversary, the RHA has planned a week’s worth of events for any MSU student to participate in.
    The RHA was founded on the basis of providing activities and leadership for students in each residence hall. It acts as a hall government with vice presidents representing each hall.
    “RHA is proud of the work the we have put forth for the students that live on campus. Forty years is a long time, and we hope to continue to do more,” said Phillips Strickland, vice president of communications.
    Founder’s Week will begin Oct. 13 with Monday Night Football at the Dawg House. Going back to school is being celebrated by holding a day of fun and games at the Amphitheater on Oct. 14. Students will need their student IDs.
    Monday Night Football is in association with the Campus Activities Board, said Tiffany McGee, vice president of activities.
    The RHA will be hosting a Throwback Party in the Hamlin Hall lobby on Oct. 15. Special guest DJ Ice will be there.
    The RHA will celebrate the end of Founder’s Week by holding a Campus Cleanup on Oct. 16. The Campus Cleanup will begin at Herbert Hall at 3 p.m.
    “Founder’s Week is the process of celebrating 40 years of service by the RHA. As part of our service to the campus and students, we will also be providing refreshments at each event,” said McGee.