University pub opens Sneaky Tiki alternative

A party in the backyard is great unless the weather is cold. So what does the University Pub do about their Sneaky Tiki lounge? Move the party inside.
    So far, warm weather has stretched into the fall, but sooner or later the winter-time bug is going to hit Starkville. That means one bar in particular faces a tough decision.
    The University Pub is probably most known for it’s Sneaky Tiki lounge, an outdoor bar that resembles something that might be built by a Polynesian tribe. The new stage and boat bar have been great attractions over the past three months, but winter is peeking around the corner. A new bar and the addition of the “Red Ruum” lounge area move the party inside and offer much more than a place to sit and drink.
    Chris Brunetti, bar manager at the Pub, is hoping the Red Ruum has the same affect that the Sneaky Tiki had.
    “We are fortunate to have a core group of people that still come out here, but I really think that our new Red Ruum will be a hit,” Brunetti said.
    The new Red Ruum is located on the middle floor of the University Pub. The new bar has been added to better serve party goers. The “Red” in the Red Ruum is evident by the shade of red that the fills the area. The relaxing vibe is what Brunetti was aiming for when they designed the room.
    “I think the Red Ruum gives a nice, warm environment that doesn’t exist anywhere else in Starkville. I encourage people to come out and enjoy it,” Brunetti said.
    The other two floors of the Pub have not been forgotten. The Speakeasy in the basement is still open and the top floor is ready for business.
    Brunetti and owner Shaun Bray decided that they need more than just a new bar. Adding game nights has become a popular idea in other bars but Bray decided to take it to another level.
    “I think we needed something different, so we decided to throw in a game night where we would have beer pong, beer checkers and the beer Olympics,” Bray said.
    A date has not been set for when the new specials will take effect due to the weather.
    “Right now, business is steady but we are just waiting for the weather to turn on cold so we can get things rolling,” Brunetti said.
    The Pub has also added a pinball machine, a Golden Tee arcade game, foosball and classic Nintendo game systems to add to the fun upstairs. Bray also plans to hold tournaments in Duck Hunt and Double Dribble.
    The Pub still plans to have live music through out the week with a two man acoustic setup in the upstairs section of the bar.
    “I love the way the Pub has adapted to the colder weather. I think that their innovative ideas will allow them to be enjoyable place year round,” student Ty Lambert said.
    2Reflector Newspaper2SORT™2STR
    o”:
    ˆ