Improved McComas lot coming to MSU

Although we had to pave it into everyone’s mind, the administration listened to the students: a large block of the McComas parking lot will no longer be gravel.
    On Dec. 12, workers will begin construction on the lot. The job is planned to be over by May 10. The lot will be paved, with lights and landscaping being added to the area as well. Even though the landscaping could have waited until the summer, the lights and pavement will make the lot more accessible and safe.
    But there will be another development on campus. Gates will block off areas from the YMCA building in the west to the Cobb Institute of Archaeology in the east. The administration is doing this to make the middle of campus more pedestrian-friendly.
    Undoubtedly, these changes will affect traffic and parking for the first couple of weeks in the spring semester. We encourage students to look around campus a few days before classes to see how they can adapt when school starts.
    All that we can say is to be patient. The students will receive something that was needed, but it doesn’t come without a price: time.
    The Reflector editorial board is made up of opinion editor Jed Pressgrove, news editor Sara McAdory, assistant news editor Wade Patterson, sports editor Ross Dellenger, entertainment editor Tyler Stewart, managing editor Dustin Barnes and editor in chief Elizabeth Crisp.