Asking yourself ‘What if ‘ leads nowhere good

Q. I’ve been in love with the same guy for as long as I can remember, but after things never worked out, I moved on. Now I’m with someone who is really great for me.
    The only problem is that now my past love has started showing more interest in me. The guy I’m with is wonderful, but I can’t help but think about how things would be with my previous love. Should I take a chance to see what could happen or just leave it alone and be happy with what I have?
    A. I think that you already know the answer to this one. The obvious and best decision you should make is right in front of your eyes. If you really think your new guy is wonderful, why would you want anyone else?
    You and your past love called it quits for a reason. Refresh your memory of why it didn’t work out between you two. Don’t just refresh your memory, but make sure you refresh your ex-boyfriend’s, too. From now on, remind your ex that you have moved on. Show him that you are better off without him and don’t be afraid to tell him what you think. Tell him that he had his chance with you and he blew it, so now it’s someone else’s turn.
    Hopefully he will get the hint and move on, too. After all if your ex really cares about you, he will want what’s best for you and stop making you have second thoughts. I think your ex likes to play mind games with you, which is a childish act on his part. You should make it known that you do not want to play the star role in his foolish games.
    After you see that your ex has moved on, then circumstances may allow you two to become friends. In the past, your ex was there for you as a boyfriend. Instead, see if he can be there for you as a good friend.
    Ask yourself why you’re considering throwing away a good one for yesterday’s leftovers. You already know what things were like when you were with your past love. Were you as happy with him as you are with your new man?
    Obviously if you were as happy then you two wouldn’t have broken up to begin with. At the very least there were some problems that hampered your failed relationship. Don’t risk ruining a good thing just because your ex is throwing uncertainties at you.
    Quit dwelling on the “what if’s” and appreciate the wonderful guy you have now. Your new man sounds like a keeper. Do everything you can to hold on to him. Even though it may be hard for you, push the thoughts of your ex aside. This will take a load off your mind and allow you to focus more of your attention on your new boyfriend.