SA Cabinet positions available

Students interested in serving on the Student Association Cabinet can now pick up applications from the SA office.
    Applications became available Thursday and must be returned to the office by April 15 at 5 p.m. The SA will hold a meeting for students interested in holding Cabinet positions April 14 at 5 p.m. in McComas Hall Auditorium to explain the positions and answer any questions, Chief of Staff Elisha Blades said.
    Applicants will sign up for interviews when they return their applications, she said. The interviews will be held April 18 through April 22 and will last between 15 and 20 minutes each.
    Incoming SA President Jon David Cole said he is looking for people who are so passionate about changing Mississippi State that they will donate their time to it for the next year and make a difference. “We’re really pumped up about all this because the people who have already expressed interest in Cabinet are extremely industrious, extremely innovative and have expressed interest in making big changes next year. Those are the type of people we are looking for,” he said.
    He said he wants the Cabinet to include all types of students, including people who have not been involved in student government before and people who are skeptical of student government. He also said he wants the Cabinet to look like Mississippi State.
    “We want people from all groups, all organizations, all walks of life on campus,” Blades said.
    As part of an effort to reorganize student government to be more efficient and accountable, the number of Cabinet positions has been reduced, Cole said. “We want to make Cabinet more of a family environment.”
    However, some new positions have been created, such as director of financial support, he said. This person will concentrate on fund raising.
    Blades said over 100 people usually apply for Cabinet positions, but the SA is taking steps to increase publicity this year, including placing posters throughout campus and tri-folds on the tables in The Union.