SA forms of intent due Friday

Students wishing to run for executive positions in the Student Association and for senior class president may pick up forms of intent from the SA office.
    Forms of intent became available Monday and must be returned to the SA office by Friday along with a $10 fee. Offices up for grabs, in addition to senior class president, are SA president, vice president, secretary, treasurer and attorney general.
    According to the SA constitution, candidates for president must be classified as at least a junior and have completed at least 54 hours. They also must have been enrolled at Mississippi State the two previous semesters.
    Vice presidential candidates must be sophomores with at least 27 hours and have been enrolled at MSU the two previous semesters.
    The candidates for SA secretary, treasurer and attorney general must meet the same requirements as vice presidential candidates, but they are only required to have been enrolled at MSU for one previous semester. Additionally, candidates for treasurer must have earned a grade of C or better in at least three hours of accounting classes.
    Candidates for senior class president must be classified as seniors with at least 86 hours by the end of the spring 2005 semester and must have been enrolled at MSU the previous two semesters.
    The forms are due Friday and the elections will be held March 29.
    Katherine Sinele, the current SA secretary, said she takes minutes at meetings and prepares the agendas for the Senate.
    She described the ideal candidate as organized. “People should be organized and willing to devote time and love the SA,” she said.
    Candidates must turn in forms of intent by Friday, elections commissioner Mary Brown said. “After they fill out the form of intent, they need to turn it into the office and then there’s a candidates’ meeting,” she said.
    The candidates’ meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. Thursday in the SA office to discuss the responsibilities of each office and campaigning rules, she said.
    She added that candidates should make arrangements if they will not be able to attend.