Wetherbee named interim Athletic Director

The search for a new athletic director at Mississippi State goes on after Scott Stricklin took the same job at the University of Florida. However, with Stricklin officially taking over at Florida on November 1st, MSU needed to find someone to take over the job on at least an interim basis. Stricklin also gave his final goodbye to the MSU faithful.
They did and MSU named Scott Wetherbee the interim athletic director at MSU.  Chief Communications Officer in the office of Public Relations at MSU released MSU president Mark Keenum’s statement on the hiring of Wetherbee on an interim basis.
“I deeply appreciate Scott’s Wetherbee’s willingness to serve the university in this important role during the search process,” Keenum said. 
Wetherbee is MSU’s current senior associate athletic director of external affairs. Before coming to MSU he was East Carolina University’s assistant athletic director.  Wetherbee is a 1997 graduate of Ball State University and worked at Fresno State and San Diego State before working at East Carolina. 
Wetherbee said he is excited to serve MSU in this new capacity.
“I am humbled and honored that Dr. Keenum has asked me to serve as the interim Director of Athletics,” Wetherbee said. “I look forward to supporting our student athletes, coaches and staff.”