Sustainability project accepts plans to go green

Students for a Sustainable Campus and the Student Association are looking to implement a student-led project to aid in the sustainability of Mississippi State University’s campus. 

The project is geared toward students having a voice in the Go Green Fund project this year. The deadline for proposals is Friday.

Senior biochemistry major and co-director of Health and Sustainability, Tori Wilson, said proposals can vary and range depending on what students are exposed to in their field of study. 

“A biochemistry major might see something completely different, a need that needs to be filled, rather than a civil engineering major… I don’t think that it has to do with a specific project, I think it has to do with the passion and the need and then taking the time to sit out and plan it,” Wilson said. “The most important part of it all is students’ voices being heard.” 

This proposal project competition is open to all full-time students as of Spring semester 2016. Wilson said she wants students to approach this project with the mindset that their plans are achievable. The proposal submitted should include the registration form and a two to three-page narrative that briefly describes the article and includes any additional elements. 

Proposals can be submitted digitally to [email protected] or delivered to the third floor of the Colvard Student Union in Room 314. Additional information on the requirements for the proposal can be found on the Student Association’s website under the Green Fund Project link.  

Wilson said she encourages students that want to contribute to the progress without an initiative proposal to  visit the Go Green Fund via mystate in Banner.