“Lazy Guys” Delivery service debuts in Starkville

Ever wanted that late night snack or restaurant take out but did not feel like going to get it? Lazy Guys Delivery, owned and operated by John Bass since Aug. 9, will take deliveries from anyone in Starkville for any product in Starkville. He takes orders from his apartment and picks up the items to deliver to any customer in the area.
Ten years ago, John and a friend thought up the idea of a delivery service and, now that he has the opportunity, he wants to make it work in the town he loves.
This business was formed to help students but also benefits many of Starkville. Those who are unable to leave their homes often need someone to make deliveries of groceries and food. Lazy Guys is also helpful to police officers who do not have the time to pick up food for their lunch shifts, night shift workers, workers who cannot leave or Hospital patients and staff.
Bass will deliver anything legal — that said — alcohol is the one thing he cannot deliver (for tobacco an ID is required).
Every delivery that is made costs only $5. For grocery items, the price of delivery is $5 and $1 for every item after five (rates may vary). Lazy Guys Delivery accepts cash and all major credit cards, but if the customer is short on cash, John Bass is more than happy to take a donation of soap.
The Global Soap Project is a nonprofit group that reuses and recycles bars of soap that are then sent to countries that are vulnerable to large amounts of preventable infections and illnesses. Bass fully supports the efforts of the GSP and has made his goal to get every hotel in the state of Mississippi to recycle their soap.
“I have more than 500 pounds of soap in my apartment, seriously,” Bass said. “Right now, we have every hotel in town except two that are donating their soap, about 15 all around the state. When you check into a hotel you get all that soap and you use it and it’s thrown away. There are 2.6 million bars of soap discarded daily by hotels in the U.S., while there are around 3.5 million deaths a year that can be prevented just by using soap,” Bass said.
Feel free to donate soap or money to the cause. For more information visit gloabalsoap.org.
Bass plans to expand his business to also provide locally designed MSU T-shirts and Lazy Guys T-shirts, which can be delivered with an order. He plans to have the T-shirts ready within the month.
The hours of operation are from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. to 12 a.m. on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and also from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. from Thursday through Saturday. At these times an order is guaranteed, but John says to call anytime.
Lazy Guys Delivery also offers specials almost every day that can be found on Facebook or Twitter. Orders can be made via Twitter or phone at 546-066. Just be sure to include name, address and order.