Governor contendors to speak in MSU forum

Mississippi State University will host a forum for candidates in the state governor and lieutenant governor races Wednesday.
The event, sponsored by the Student Association and the Stennis-Montgomery Association, will be held in Lee Hall’s Bettersworth Auditorium from 6 to 8 p.m.
All major party candidates were invited to participate in the forum. The seven governor candidates attending are: Bill Compton Jr., Dave Dennis, Johnny Dupree, Hudson Holliday, Bill Luckett, Guy Shaw and Ron Williams. The two lieutenant governor candidates taking part in the forum are Billy Hewes and Tate Reeves.
Rhett Hobart, SA president, said the forum is a great opportunity for students to hear from those who will potentially lead Mississippi.
“It’s going to be the first event where the majority of candidates are together in one place,” he said.
The forum will be moderated by Sid Salter, MSU journalist-in-residence, and the welcoming speaker will be Amy Tuck, former Mississippi lieutenant governor.
Even though the event is free, tickets are required. Students can get tickets from the Center for Student Involvement on the third floor of  Colvard Student Union. Any organization that would like bulk tickets can fill out a request form at the office for approval. Starkville community members can obtain tickets at the Greater Starkville Development Partnership office on Main Street.