‘SoMo’ sells out Rick’s Cafe

Starting out with the first stop on his “A Beautiful November” tour at Rick’s Café, Joseph Somers-Morales, best known as SoMo, created such a unique atmosphere for the sold-out show. The stage was covered with leaves, and there were trees made of Christmas lights. He truly made it feel like the start of a beautiful November.
Wearing a long coat and rain boots, SoMo came out to his song “Burnin’ Out” from his 2017 mix-tape “My Life III.” This song was an exceptional song for him to start the concert off with because it has such a catchy tune.
Further into the concert, SoMo changed into a white tank with red sneakers, which accentuated his body enabling him to capture the hearts and attention of young women in the audience while he flirtatiously sang.
For a majority of the concert, SoMo was singing the soulful hits off of his most recent mix-tapes “My Life III” and “The Answers” including tracks “For You,” ”Reservations,” “Dial,” “Mirror” and “Curve.”
SoMo also sang newer releases and songs that will be a part of his next album. “Better Me,” released in Sept. 2018, was honestly one of his best songs from his recent releases because it showcases his unique and powerful voice.
At this sold-out show, SoMo debuted a song he had just finished writing called “Roses.” Officially released Nov. 4, it was a romantic, slow song telling the love story of two college students finding love for each other. While he was singing this song, the lights went red on his autumn-inspired stage while he exhibited this passionate song for the first time.
During the concert, SoMo captivated the audience, with each and every song he sang. He did not only sing these songs, but he performed them with the soulful voice he carries.
While the majority of his songs were his most recent hints, SoMo took a trip down memory lane with the audience singing “Show Off” and “We Can Make Love.” Of course, he ended the show with “Ride.” When “Ride” started, everybody started singing this soulful and smooth hit at the top of their lungs.
From making videos to touring around the country singing his own music, SoMo has definitely proved himself worthy of being in the music industry. His voice is so dark and smooth that one cannot mistake him for anyone else.
Having liked SoMo since high school, he went beyond my expectations of hearing him live. His voice is much better in person, simply because of how raw and dark his it is.
According to SoMo on his Twitter, his sold-out show in Starkville was “one of his favorite starts to a tour ever,” and how this will really be “A Beautiful November.”