Listeners will be a ‘Sucker’ for the new Jonas Brothers’ single

Listeners will be a Sucker for the new Jonas Brothers single

Break out the old posters, CD’s and merchandise—the Jonas Brothers are back and better than ever.
Since their split in 2013, the brothers each explored their own individual dreams. Kevin became a father of two with his wife, Danielle Jonas. Nick pursued a solo career and recently married Indian actress Priyanka Chopra. Joe collaborated with three of his friends to create the band DNCE, who came to Starkville in 2017 for Bulldog Bash, and is now engaged to actress Sophie Turner, who is best known for starring in “Game of Thrones.”
Rumors of this reunion were ignited when the brothers’ group Instagram account was suddenly reactivated in January for the first time since 2013.
The first image posted on their Instagram was the cover of their newly dropped single, “Sucker,” which dropped at midnight on March 1. Not many will notice, but Joe is finally not in the center of the cover for once—and all of Nick’s fans said, ‘Hallelujah.’
Seeing the Jonas Brothers were reuniting caused many questions as to what their new and improved sound was going to be.
Not knowing what to expect due to the single’s cover, this song is most definitely a hit. With this new pop-rock tribute to the women they adore, Nick and Joe vocalize in perfect harmonization while Kevin and Nick’s riffs on the guitars give the song a grungy feel.
This song impeccably represents how the three have grown since their time as Disney Channel stars into mature men who are passionately in love with their wives and fiancé through the catchy lyrics and official music video.
During the wild music video, each of the three brothers are sensually singing to their leading ladies, who all make cameo appearances during what seems to be an “Alice-in-Wonderland” themed tea party, filled with an immense number of absolutely adorable corgis and bunnies.
One of the best scenes from this music video is when Nick sings the second repeat of the chorus.
Nick sings, “I’m a sucker for you / Say the word, and I’ll go anywhere blindly,” while he and Joe are both shirtless and ironically sucking on suckers in a bubble bath.
Toward the end of this playful yet alluring video, the corgi-filled tea party transforms into a gala where the brothers are each showcased experiencing seductive moments with their partners.
Throughout the entire video, the sensual feelings are strongly present; however, this just shows how much the band has grown since their teenage boy band days. The brothers are now able to be more lustful than they could be back in 2013, and this is a merit of their return.  
For this to be the first song dropped since the brothers’ hiatus, it proves they are still in the game. This reunion has made all of the ’90’s and early 2000’s babies’ dreams come true.
There are high expectations as to what is to come from the Jonas Brothers because I’m a “Sucker” for this exceptional pop-rock tune.