Write your own story

From history classes, from your parents and grandparents and from countless other sources, we have heard about people who have impacted the lives of others with their stories.
    I’m not just talking about famous people or people who may be well-known in your school or community. I’m speaking of ordinary people who come from the same place and breathe the same air as we do but they choose to be the authors of their story. It seems as if they took a pen and wrote their destiny. Everybody has a story to tell, so how will you tell yours?
    Every story begins with a rough draft. To begin your story, journey into your past. The past holds many answers we are searching for today and lead to a different path if we only understand the outcome.
    Many have fallen because of stupid mistakes which could have been avoided in the first place. We are entering a new year, and a new year means new beginnings. With new beginnings comes the acknowledgement of things and people that are important, and those not so important. The reason why many of us can’t move past these things is because the old problems continue to repeat themselves because they were not addressed then.
    Creating a story means placing items in a sequence and recording them in their own unique way. We do that every day in how we deal things that come to our plate.
    Your life story should not be fiction, so start being a realist about different situations that come about in your life. I can pull out my cell phone and say it’s a million dollars but that doesn’t make it true. It’s amazing how we can convince ourselves about what we want to believe and that could be totally false. Why lie to yourself when there are so many people in the world which will do that to you? Reality is more than just a virtue. It is our sole reason for existence. Animation is fine, but true black and white is best!
    Lastly and most importantly, put things into perspective to conclude your final draft. It’s time to get yourself and your story together. The final draft is the only thing which matters in the end. It won’t matter how many times you stumbled on your way. It won’t matter how many rewrites and slashes you have made. Excuses are not results this time and how it ends will be totally up to you.
    Get up, right now, wherever you are and find the closest mirror. Go ahead and do it because you’re going to wish you did by the time you finish reading this.
    Stare at every inch of yourself. Start with your body. Look closely and form an opinion about all you see. Then stare at your feet or whatever your mode of travel may be. This is the instrument which will carry you toward your destination, so take good care of it.
    Look at your face. Focus on all the things which are included in it. Each of them serve a specific purpose and are vital for doing anything you plan to do. Lastly, look at your hands. Your hands are an extension of your brain, because with your hands you perform the majority of tasks which life places in your path.
    I will use writers for an example. Writers are not writers just because the world needs writers. The No. 1 rule in being a writer is write what you know. Writers write their story in words and when the readers read them, those words come to life in their minds and their souls.
    As I said before, everybody has a story to tell. So when are going to tell the world yours?
    Stedmond Ware is a sophomore majoring in biological sciences. He can be contacted at [email protected].