‘Bachelorette’ contestant, MSU alum at Rick’s tonight with Crossin’ Dixon at Rick’s

Most “The Bachelorette” fans know Ty Brown as the good-hearted Southern boy vying for the heart of Ali Fedotowsky on the ABC show. Last season he was one of the very last competitors to be eliminated and a favorite of many viewers. Now, he is making his way to Starkville tonight to perform with Crossing Dixon at Rick’s Cafe. The doors open at 8 p.m., and tickets are only $10. Some may wonder how and why a reality TV star is coming to Mississippi State, and the reason is Ty graduated here in 2001. During a recent interview, Brown stated, “I love Starkville and everything about MSU. I bleed Maroon and White.” Brown loves it so much he remained in Starkville five years after graduating before moving to his current home, Nashville, Tenn.
After beginning his fame on “The Bachelorette,” he decided to join the music world entirely, even though he has been playing the guitar since he was 17 years old. At first, it was more of a side hobby, but now he says that he is “giving it 150 percent to make it a livelihood.” Brown also said that breaking through has been tough, but he has been extremely lucky with such receptive fans.
Because he is completely committed, Brown said, “I do nothing else but write and play; it’s my job. It really is a dream come true and a great opportunity.”
His latest single, “Living in the Moment,” is available on iTunes. Its lyrics and melody stay true to the title because they are referring to enjoying something, specifically a relationship, while it lasts even though you may not know how long it will be or where it will go. This song has the potential to make any girl, or even a guy, want to go see him sing it live. Even though his reputation on “The Bachelorette” was that of a country sweetheart, this song could be classified as soft rock with a little bit of country undertones but not a hoedown classic.
A lot of people are excited about Brown live because he was on a nationally broadcast TV show and because he actually did well on the program. His music is something that everyone can enjoy, and his charismatic charm will also be very entertaining.
Savannah Giles, a sophomore majoring in elementary education said, “Not only was I excited to see him on The Bachelorette, because he was my favorite, now I get to be excited to see him perform live.”
Rich Welch, owner of Rick’s Cafe, said Brown’s return to Starkville is a chance to show support for a fellow Bulldog.
“I’ve known Ty for a long time; he went to MSU and came to Rick’s a lot and we became great friends. Ty’s passion has always been music. Being on The Bachelorette has given him the opportunity to explore and expand this passion even further. I’m very proud to finally have Ty on my stage,” Welch said.