Sparks best-seller touching love story

“The Last Song,” like most of the novels by Nicholas Sparks, allows women (and some men) to escape the reality of true life and enter into an unrealistic world of sappy and heart-warming romance.
    This is the 15th novel to be published by the bestselling author. “The Last Song,” like many of Sparks’s works, contains themes of love, loss and faith.
    Obviously, this novel is a love story. But it is a love story on many different levels, not just a romance between a boy and girl. The relationship between Ronnie, the rebellious 17-year -old, and her father Steve develops throughout the plot and is perhaps the strongest love story in the novel.
    The title alludes to a musical theme expressed in the story and becomes a symbol of the father-daughter relationship.
    The pages of the book are drenched with emotion – anger, happiness, love and heartache. It, like many of Sparks’s books, has the power to make you smile and cry while reading the same page.
    The description of emotions felt by the characters creates a template that is felt throughout the novel and allows the reader to be captivated by the story.
    This captivation is what sets Sparks apart from other writers. His novels are extremely successful in catering to an audience that desires to fall in love, and his book sales and movie adaptations are evidence to prove it.
    The story is a prime example of how love has the power to heal old wounds and how forgiveness is necessary in life. Despite being a typical Sparks novel, it is still able to draw emotion from the reader.
    Like almost every instance, the book is better than the movie. Books have the ability to convey emotions and expressions that are only able to be felt by reading them.
    “The Last Song” is an easy read that will cater efficiently to readers who enjoy a tear-jerking love story with a deeper meaning – it is the perfect book to bring to the beach or bring read by the pool during the summer.