‘Bradley’ accessories useful, decorative

For many women, the growing Vera Bradley trend has taken over their wardrobes, closets and wallets. Vera Bradley is a brand of bags, luggage, purses and other accessories known for its soft material and unique, colorful patterns.
    Vera Bradley items are created to cater to different needs women have when it comes to accessories and bags.
    Hannah Broadway, sophomore communication major, said she is a fan of Vera Bradley.
    “Vera Bradley is pretty. My favorite item is the beach bag because it has a matching towel,” she said.
    Other products are seen around campus. For example, perhaps the most seen Bradley product on Mississippi State’s campus is the zip ID case. This product is a keychain that holds a student ID as well as other small things, such as cash, cards or lip balm.
    Valerie Penn, sophomore communication major, said she is a fan of the zip ID case.
    “Vera Bradley is young and fun,” she said. “The keychain ID case is so useful.”
    One downfall of the world of Vera Bradley is the price. Products are somewhat expensive, especially products such as duffle bags and luggage, leaving consumers to wonder if the product is as valuable as its price.
    Elyse Ballard, freshman psychology major, said Vera Bradley is worth the cost.
    “The bags are worth the price. They last a very long time, and they can be washed,” she said. “I have a bag that I still use that I have had since I was 11.”
    Vera Bradley also has philanthropic efforts. The pattern “Hope Garden,” a colorful, bright design, was created in light of breast cancer awareness.
    The Barnes & Noble on MSU’s campus sells Vera Bradley.
    Elizabeth Lavender, general merchandise manager for Barnes & Noble, said Vera Bradley is a best-seller for college women.
    “The zip ID case is our best seller, no matter what pattern we get it in,” she said. “Girls really seem to like this item for carrying their IDs and such.”
    She said the clip ID holder is the bookstore’s second most popular Vera Bradley item and is another way for girls to carry their IDs without a key ring.
    Vera Bradley was founded in 1982 and has continued to thrive as an ongoing accessory trend.