Chew on This: Kate’s Meringue Cookies

Kate’s meringue cookies

I have a super special recipe from a super special person for this week’s Chew on This.
One of my very best friends uses this as her go-to recipe whenever she needs something on the fly.
This recipe is called Kate’s Meringue Cookies. They take 30 minutes at the absolute most—which includes prep and baking time.
This recipe can be adapted to have pumpkin spice for fall, a splash of eggnog and nutmeg for winter or anything else you want to use to change it up.
This is a recipe you can really play with—you could even add a bit of fruit or some chocolate shavings.
Whether you live in the kitchen or use your kitchen just for storage because your apartment’s closet is too small, this is a great recipe to have in your arsenal.
The cookies can be made quickly, taste great and are easy to make. Without adaptions, they take two ingredients, both of which are available at the dollar store.
My friend Kate makes these for gifts and brings them to parties, and all of my friends love them.
Scratch that, we do not love them, we are all addicted to them. It is becoming a serious problem.
Luckily for me, I have been entrusted with this awesome recipe, and I am giving it to all you wonderful readers.
So, if you ever get down to Mississippi College, be sure to thank Kaitlyn Horton for this. There is probably a fan club down there, just because of this cookie recipe.
It is one of those recipes where it’s so easy to make, you will be kicking yourself for not coming up with it sooner.
The only tricky part is beating the eggs. You do not want to beat them so hard you go to jail for assault. You just want to beat them enough to show them who is boss.
In addition, while you are adding the sugar, do it gradually. You do not want clumpy cookies. These cookies are delicate, so treat them as such.