Chew on This: soups to salivate over

These three soups are delicious and easy to make.

It is fall. I know it does not feel like it yet, but it is nonetheless, and I say we embrace it with all of the recipes we do not use the rest of the year.
A few readers have said they want to see some soup recipes featured in Chew on This. Well, this week I am here to deliver.
Here are three recipes easy to make and delicious when paired with other snacks—they all taste great with crackers on a cold day and can be adjusted however you like. 
My favorite of these recipes is mushroom soup. It takes half an hour, including prep time. This recipe makes about four servings and is an easy recipe to freeze.
It will also impress folks at parties because it tastes rich, creamy and French. I like to give it a more American feel by adding bacon bits.
Occasionally, I will use beer in place of half of the stock. It gives it a completely different taste and makes it more tailgate friendly.  
The next recipe takes about 40 minutes. It is not as pretty and does not freeze quite as well, but it is really hardy.
If you want to pair this soup with something, pair it with something light since the soup itself is so heavy. I would go with fruit—a nice pineapple would cleanse your pallet, refresh you and make the meal a little more healthy. 
If the first soup was not French enough for your taste, then this French onion soup will be great. This soup does not have any meat, but it can be added as long as it is browned first. This is probably the cheapest soup to make, although it takes the longest. However, it is still under an hour including prep time. 
Send requests and your thoughts on the recipes to [email protected] or tweet The Reflector @reflectoronline.