Suspects involved in fight arrested

Four suspects have been arrested in the March 1 assault in the public parking lot behind State Theatre.
    Starkville Police Department Detective Eddie Young said the altercation is still under investigation.
    The incident occurred March 1 around 1:30 a.m. Three of the suspects were arrested on Monday and one on Tuesday. A fifth suspect is expected to be arrested by Monday, Young said.
    He said the suspects are William Bradley Patrick, 21, of 4113 Old Jackson Road, Terry; Hugh Allen McKenzie IV, 22, of 1422B Loch Lane, Starkville; Brandon Kyle Patrick, 18, of 4113 Old Jackson Road, Terry; and James Kemp, 21, of 5203 Brookleigh, Jackson.
    William Bradley Patrick, Kemp and McKenzie are Mississippi State University students.
    Young said the victims include James Cody Eure, 22, and Brandon Charles Womble, 21.
    “There was an altercation between Eure and an unnamed suspect,” Young said. “Womble came to aid Eure and once he got over to get Eure out of the fight, the other four suspects arrived.”
    Young said there was a large brawl involving the seven men, but SPD is still investigating.
    “All suspects are being charged with two counts of aggravated assault,” Young said “They have all been released on $10,000 bond each.”
    Young said Eure suffered lacerations to the head and a fractured elbow and was unconscious for a brief time. Womble was left with a broken nose, and a crushed sinus cavity and was unconscious.
    Dean of students Mike White said he hopes to have everything worked out with the case today or Monday.
    “Anytime we feel that a student or anyone else in our community may be a danger to our community, then they are not going to be welcome,” White said. “This may or may not be applicable to these students; everything is still under investigation.”
    The four named suspects will have their initial court appearances in April.