Red Hill City

When Red Hill City took the stage at Bulldog Bash last year, they were opening the Grill stage. Returning to Bulldog Bash this year, Red Hill City will be the act that shuts down the Grill stage.”We played the bash last year as an opening act and we’re really excited to be coming back this year,” band guitarist Joseph Regan said. The band is also made up of drummer Josh Myers, Ben McCain on keyboards, Gant O’Brien on bass and bass drum and Tyler King on guitar and vocals.
    Despite their central Mississippi roots, some members of the band have spent their fair share of time in Starkville. Two years ago, band members Myers and McCain were MSU students living in Suttle Hall.
    Red Hill City was formed in Brandon in Feb. 2005 between some friends who were playing in church praise bands and wanted to start their own band.
    Founding members King and Myers had been playing together for more than nine years. After linking up with McCain they formed the band Exit 54. With the addition of O’Brien on bass and Regan the current band was formed.
    Since their inception Red Hill City has played more than 70 dates performing with acts like Sister Hazel, KC and the Sunshine and Big and Rich.
    Lately the band has been playing mainly within the boundaries of the State, staying close to its Brandon home.
    “We’ve been playing a bunch in Jackson and making a name for ourselves there and there have been a few trips to Texas to play some, but nothing major. We’re picking back up this fall playing gigs, but we’ve mainly been recording,” Regan said.
    Their first album “Ill Attempts” was recorded shortly after the band’s beginning.
    After great success with their first album the band has been busy this year recording a new album that, in their words, “expresses the dynamics and energy that we enjoy projecting from our stage.”
    “We’ve been recording for a year and a half. We’ve been working on a 12-track full-length recording. It sould be out before the end of the year,” said Regan.
    The band hopes the newest album effort will be a more accurate representation of their sound.