High-quality grilling possible on low budget

Grilling a nice, thick steak sounds enticing, but are your pockets empty? Follow these tips on how to grill on a budget, and you’ll have your steak in no time without breaking the bank. The first thing to do is to create a budget for yourself. In order to do that, you need to make realistic goals you can keep, learn new ways to manage money and maintain your budget.
    A good way to save money is to cook from scratch; normally individual ingredients cost less. You can also buy cheaper brands and use coupons.
    I know we all have made fun of our moms for always cutting the coupons out of the Sunday paper, but they will honestly save you a lot of money. I went to Wal-Mart the other day to see how much grills cost nowadays. The best deal was the charcoal grills that range from $20 to $30. You can get a pretty big bag of charcoal for $5 and your set.
    Now the nice, impressive gas grills could cost you anywhere from $100 to $400. If this is still pushing your budget over the edge, you can always find grills at local parks and campgrounds.
    When you’re in the mood to grill something other than a burger, you can get a steak for $1.50 per pound or less. No it’s not quite a T-bone, but with the right marinating and seasoning, it can be almost as good.
    Some cheap beef to grill can be your skirt, flank or hanger steak, and of course hot dogs and hamburgers are always inexpensive. Skirt or flank is pretty affordable and tasty. It is great for parties because you can feed a lot of people for cheap. Hanger (hangar) steak is never more than $8 a pound.
    If you’re craving a really good piece of meat, a good cut of sirloin might be the best bet. Sirloin is less expensive than filet mignon and can satisfy your craving for a good steak. Sirloin is about $6 to $7 a pound.
    For a good grilled teriyaki steak, follow this marinade: ground pepper, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce and garlic pepper. Next time you and your friends get an inkling to grill out make sure to keep these tips in mind and save yourself a pretty penny.