Democrats playing games

The battle between modern-day missing links continues as Democrats threaten to come after President George W. Bush with a bill that would end most funding for the Iraq War after March 2008. This latest political dodgeball game was sparked by Bush’s planned veto of a current bill that would give the war a timetable of sorts.
    House Majority Leader (D-Nevada) Harry Reid said … oh, I’m sorry. Some politicians just get other people to talk for them. That is, Reid’s spokesman said passing the new bill would be an “uphill battle,” according to CNN.com.
    That’s quite an understatement. But even if one assumes that the bill could pass, Bush will just veto it like the current one. And Democrats don’t have enough clout to override a veto.
    Despite the difficulty of getting anything done with the new bill, Reid’s spokesman goes on to say “it’s the next step in a series of things to try and change the president’s policy in Iraq.”
    The only thing that will change the Iraq War policy is an anti-war president. The Democrats know this, but that’s not why they’re playing theatrics.
    The Democrats sense that many Americans are fed up with the war, and that includes conservatives, moderates and liberals. In order to play to the voter’s interests, they will oppose Bush with any meaningless bill they can create. In the abstract, they don’t really care if we get out of Iraq or not. They just want a Democrat in the White House.
    Sometimes it’s easy to believe that Democrats stand for progress in America. Just the other week, Hillary Clinton said universal healthcare would be a top priority if she became president. And the really neat part about her idea is that she claimed we wouldn’t have to pay higher taxes with this improvement.
    John Kerry made similar promises when he was a presidential candidate in 2004. He said he wanted to do all of these amazing things without raising taxes at all.
    If they actually believe in any of these ideas they set forth, Democrats should stop lying to the American people about not raising taxes. I can’t speak for all Americans, but higher taxes wouldn’t be that big of a deal if our healthcare system could be overhauled.
    Furthermore, it would be respectful if Democrats would stop waving these war bills around like they’re the saviors of the United States. These same morons fully supported the war before and only changed their opinions after several Republican fiascos.
    If Democrats were actually intelligent or honest about this war, they would have opposed it from the start. Because it never made any sense. Not at all.
    Casting a ballot now is like shooting someone in the face.