Volleyball closes out schedule

The Mississippi State volleyball Bulldogs (16-12, 7-11) will close out their regular season Friday and Sunday against SEC West opponents LSU and Arkansas.
    MSU has faced each of the two schools once already this season on a road trip through Fayetteville and Baton Rouge earlier this year but lost to both schools 3-0.
    “This weekend’s matches are going to be very intense,” MSU head coach Tina Seals said. “We had a disappointing two matches on the road last weekend, and we’re ready to come out here and redeem ourselves.”
    Mississippi State’s first match on the weekend will be against LSU (23-4, 15-3), who shut out the Dawgs in games of 30-21, 30-24 and 30-21 in their previous matchup.
    Outside hitter Orshi Kriegel led the Bulldogs in offense with 11 kills, though on only a measly .059 hitting percentage.
    LSU comes into Starkville with a 16-match winning streak and will be looking to close out the final weekend of the season with its winning streak intact.
    MSU’s Sunday afternoon match will feature the Lady Razorbacks (16-10, 9-9) who also shut out MSU in their previous meeting.
    The Lady Razorbacks beat the Bulldogs by scores of 30-19, 30-28 and 30-19.
    Arkansas shut out Alabama in three games last weekend and will be looking to do the same to MSU.
    “Our goal for this weekend is to play up to our potential, and to show that we are a very good team,” Seals said. “If these are our last two matches of the season, we want to prove that maybe they shouldn’t be.”
    Kriegel, MSU’s lone senior, will be honored before Sunday’s match as part of Senior Day.