SA treasurer candidate seeks fairness for students

T.C. Rollins, a junior majoring in banking and finance, said he wants to serve students as Student Association treasurer and ensure that money is fairly distributed among student organizations.
    Student organizations send in applications in order to acquire possible funds from the SA.
    “I just want to look at all these applications fairly,” Rollins said. “I want to make sure these organizations have a secure future at State.”
    Rollins said he wants to be responsible with the SA’s money. He would also like to seek more funds from the university and from the state of Mississippi.
    Part of being involved in the SA is being an active part of every event that the group sponsors or becomes involved in, he said.
    “I have to be a leader, and I just want to do everything I can,” Rollins said.
    Rollins held the rank of corporal in the Marines and learned many leadership skills while serving in Iraq, he said. He returned to school in January and will be medically retired at the end of the semester due to an injury he received while in Iraq, he said.
    “That part of my life is coming to an end, and I would like to step up and lead in the SA,” he said.
    Rollins has not previously served in the SA, but he said every student is a member of the organization.
    In the coming year, Rollins said he would like to see every officer on the executive board of the SA work as hard as they can for the students.
    “It’s about the students, and I really don’t want to let them down,” he said.
    Rollins is the chief financial manager for Rollins Properties, which manages 56 apartments and 12 rental houses in Starkville and Columbus. He manages all the cash flow for this business, he said.