Candidates compete in three races

Students will cast votes today for the 2006-2007 Student Associate executive officers.
    Polls open at 7:30 a.m. in the lobbies of The Union and Mitchell Memorial Library. They will close at 6 p.m.
    Students must have an MSU ID card to vote.
    Election results will be announced today at 9 p.m. outside the SA office, which is located next to the State Fountain Bakery.
    A run-off election, if necessary, will be held Tuesday, and elected officers will be inaugurated March 21.
    Eleven candidates are running for five executive officer positions and the post of senior class president.
    Three positions are unopposed, including the race for senior class president. Elisha J. Blades is the sole candidate in that race.
    Lee Weiskopf is running unopposed for vice president, and Libbi Burns is the sole candidate for secretary.
    Three students are competing to be named the next president: Tiffany Crawford, JR Love and Keeyon Scott. A fourth candidate, Jeremy Sherman, was declared ineligible to run earlier this month because he had not attended MSU for two previous semesters.
    George Harris, Aaron Rice and Stuart Saulters are competing for the post of attorney general, while Shelton Aycock and T.C. Rollins are seeking the office of treasurer.
    Statements from all candidates can be found on pages 2 and 3 of The Reflector.
    Students will also vote on whether or not to make a change in the size of the Senate part of the Constitution.
    Last year, about 1,500 students turned out to vote in the SA executive elections, down from more than 3,000 the previous year. Also last year, candidates in two races–the races for vice president and secretary-went unopposed.