SA’s Bulldog Bash rescheduled for tonight

Bulldog Bash, which was canceled because of the Sept. 11 attacks on America, is rescheduled for today at 5 p.m. in the Old Main District downtown. The event was originally scheduled for Sept. 14 but was called off after the SEC rescheduled Mississippi State University’s match-up against Brigham Young University.
    “Having Bulldog Bash downtown is a great way for the town of Starkville and the student population of MSU to interact,” sophomore Kate McIntosh said. “It’s going to be a great time and a unique atmosphere.”
    Held last year at the MSU Amphitheater, this year the festivities will take place on Main Street, which will be closed from AmSouth Bank to Old Venice Pizza Co. Merchants along that strip are offering discounts to MSU students.
    “Bulldog Bash is a great example of how the university, its students and the Starkville community can cooperate for fun and excitement,” said Steve Langston of Sullivan’s Office Supply Inc. “Bulldog Bash is simply a wonderful event for Starkville and MSU.”
    Booths for all ages will be set up along the street, and food and prizes are available.
    “The Starkville Convention and Visitors Bureau is excited about being a part of Bulldog Bash in the Old Main District,” said Lynn D. Witt, executive director of the bureau. “This is a great example of your university and city working in partnership.”
    Sponsored by the Student Association, the second annual event features the Famous Maroon Band, Mississippi State University cheerleaders, the MSU Pom Squad, head football coach Jackie Sherrill and members of the MSU football team.
    “I just think it is a great time for MSU and Starkville to come together and take pride in our university and our community,” junior Clarie Green said.
    There will also be live music performed by the Puerto Rican Rum Drunks. Booths open at 5 p.m., and the pep rally begins at 5:30 p.m.
    “I just think this is a great time for MSU and Starkville to come together and take pride in our university and our community,” student Claire Green said.