Volleyball to host LSU, UA

This weekend the Bulldog Volleyball team will return back to SEC play, as the Bulldogs will host the Tigers from Baton Rouge on Friday. MSU will take Saturday off to prepare as the Razorbacks of Arkansas come calling on Sunday afternoon. This will be the Volleydawgs’ first SEC competition since the loss to No. 18 South Carolina last weekend.
    The Bulldogs stand 1-2 in the SEC when these two SEC West foes come to Newell-Grissom.
    “It’s great to be home again when these two West teams come to town,” coach Brenda Bowlin said.
    The Tigers come to the Newell-Grissom Building standing 3-1 in the SEC with LSU’s last win being over Alabama. The Tigers will be led by a strong offensive attack, as three Tigers are closing in fast on the century mark in kills and one player already over the mark. Junior outside hitter, Jennifer Hampton leads the team with 121 kills.
    Arkansas also comes into this weekend series riding high, as the Razorbacks stand with a perfect 4-0 record inside the conference. They blanked Alabama (3-0) and Auburn (3-0) in their play last weekend. Arkansas will be led by SEC Player of the Week, Eftila Tanellari.
    The Bulldogs have faced talented teams already this season, and this weekend’s series will be no different because both Arkansas and LSU stand at the top of the SEC Western Division.
    “These teams have great talent and great athletes which is common in the SEC,” Bowlin said.
    MSU will have to once again bring their best game to the court.
    “In the SEC your best game is always needed,” Bowlin said. “We have to have a balance on both ends, offensively and defensively. We will have to be aggressive this weekend to match up well with these teams.