Brian Michael’s ‘market’ offers cheese, meats, treats to Starkville

Meat lovers and grilling enthusiasts of the Golden Triangle region have a reason to rejoice as Brian Michael’s Meat Market and Deli has come to Starkville. The market, which recently opened July 7, offers 100 percent Certified Angus Beef, fresh seafood and cheeses from around the world and a deli for a sandwich on the spot.
    Located at 831 A, Highway 12 W. next to Cellular South and Starkville computers, Brian Michael’s Meat Market and Deli promises quality meat and great customer service.
    “We want to take you back in time when you could shake the butcher’s hand and offer the best customer service in town,” said owner, Brian Michael Lindner.
    “We are providing the best possible meat, short of Japanese Kobe, in the Golden Triangle.”
    The question is what makes Certified Angus Beef much superior to any other beef in North America? Only eight percent of all beef cows in North America qualify as certified Angus beef. On top of that, only one out of five Angus cows makes the cut.
    The cow gets chosen 30 months after it is born, and the beef is then aged for 21 days. The evidence is also in the marbling if you compare an Angus cut next to anything else. Lindner assured his meat is never frozen.
    “You might beat our prices, but you can’t beat our meat,” is the motto displayed on the market’s t-shirts.
    Since the establishment is smaller than any grocery store, it gets to be creative with the way its meat is prepared and seasoned. An interesting selection to try is the pinwheel. It consists of skirt steak wrapped in a spiral shape, like a pinwheel, with various spices sandwiched between each fold.
    “There is no place like this within an hour’s drive,” said Michael Cook, an employee and butcher.
    The market’s competitive prices can be seen with certain offers like boneless, skinless chicken breast that is cleaned and butterflied for only $1.99.
    Lindner has a respectable amount of experience in the field of meat since he has been in the business for 20 years.
    When he was only 13 years old, Lindner began his work at a butcher shop in New York City, lasting eight years. He then moved on to own a seafood restaurant on Long Island with his brother for about four years. After that he moved to Arizona to be a patrolman and eventually made his way to Starkville to open up Brian Michael’s Meat Market and Deli.
    Melissa Lindner, Brian Lindner’s wife, co-owner and Mississippi Delta native, used her 15 years of retail experience to get the business off the ground.
    She said she hopes the business will cater to different cultures with its large variety of meats.
    They want the market to be successful for the town and the customers since this is the only place like it in the area.
    Brian Michael’s Meat Market and Deli also provides meat for local restaurant Cappe’s Steakhouse.
    The market and deli is open for business Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sundays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
    Brian Michael’s Meat Market and Deli offers fish, pork, beef and many other varieties of food to satisfy whatever craving one might have. So take the cover off your grill, bring out the apron and fire it up and try out the newest distributor of quality North American meats the Golden Triangle