Mr. and Mrs. MSU announced

The 2012 Mr. and Miss Mississippi State University are seniors Morgan McDowell and Sara Vance. They were chosen to represent MSU by the student body during the Homecoming elections.
McDowell is a marketing major from Indianola. After graduating, he plans to attend MSU to pursue an MBA.
As an undergraduate, he has been involved in many organizations on campus including SA, SEC Exchange Committee, SA senator for the College of Business, MSU roadrunners, Honor Code Council Committee, Campus Crusade for Christ and Sigma Chi Fraternity. 
McDowell said he feels honored and privileged to represent the university as Mr. MSU.
“There is no greater feeling in the world than to be able to give back to the university that has done so much for me,” he said in an email. “In being a lifelong Bulldog, it will be very special to stand on the field and look up at 55,082 members of the Bulldog family and know that I am representing this great university.”
McDowell said the greatest lesson he has learned at MSU is to become invested in the programs and organizations the school has to offer. He also said serving others is the best advice he could share.
“One of my teachers in high school gave me advice before I even came to MSU. Her wise words were, ‘Morgan, always remember one thing: service over self. I have kept those words with me throughout my tenure at Mississippi State, and I will for the rest of my life,” he said. “Always put everything you can into everything you do and you will not be disappointed with the outcome.”
Vance is a political science major from Jacksonville, Fla. After graduation, her plans include to pursue either an MBA at MSU or attend law school.
As an undergraduate, she has been a part of MSU roadrunners, SA and Zeta Tau Alpha sorority, as well as serving as a Gamma Chi for panhellenic recruitment and an orientation leader in 2012.
Vance said in an email her idea of Miss MSU is someone who loves the school and is a representative of the whole student body.
“It is such an incredible honor to be voted Miss MSU. I would have never expected to be able to represent the student body in this role when I came here as a freshman,” she said. “Being a student at State has given me so many opportunities for personal growth, and I feel so humbled to have been given such a great privilege.”
Vance also said her parents have been her biggest influence during her time at MSU.
“My parents are incredibly hard working and loving. They instilled a strong work ethic in me, and they taught me the importance of dedication. My parents are also a great example of how to love and serve others. They both give more than willingly of their time to our community, our church and our family,” she said.
McDowell and Vance will be honored during halftime on Saturday’s game against Middle Tennessee.