The Weeks plays free show

The Weeks will be playing a free show in Starkville on Saturday, at the fountain in the Cotton District, starting sometime between 10-10:30 p.m. with a local band as the opening performance. This will be the second show the band has played free of charge this semester in Starkville.  Cain Barnes, drummer for The Weeks, said the band especially enjoys playing in Starkville because of an almost-mishap which occurred here last fall.
“Our show here last year got broken up, and everybody helped out. After that show, we kind of loved Starkville because everybody was pretty awesome,” Barnes said.
The show on Saturday night marks the end of a brief tour The Weeks have been on since returning from London.  Naturally, the band is ending its tour in the state which the members started. Cyle Barnes, lead vocalist, said when it comes to Mississippi, the band jumps at the opportunity to perform.
“We are from Mississippi. Any chance we get to do anything in Mississippi, it doesn’t matter what part it is, if we can do it, and there’s time for us to do it, we will,” Cyle Barnes said.
Though their long stretch of time on the road is winding down, the members of The Weeks is not putting their career on complete hold.  Samuel Williams, the lead guitarist, said the band is simply going to take a breather from traveling.
“We’ve been on the road for a year pretty constantly.  We are going to kind of give ourselves a little break. We aren’t going to stop or anything. Just get off of the road for a minute and make some videos for this upcoming record,” Williams said.