Bulldog Bash brings business to Starkville, local establishments

The influx of people Bulldog Bash brings to Starkville annually impacts the local economy, and various businesses begin making preparations weeks in advance and brace themselves for the crowds.
Alyssa Briggs, Sweet Peppers manager, said Bulldog Bash is a crucial time for business.
“There’s an ‘all hands on deck’ policy for our employees. We have our restaurant open and fully staffed and a beer cart outside,” she said.
Sweet Peppers restaurant employs many Mississippi State University students, but Briggs said they try to work with each student’s schedule to allow for time off for Bulldog Bash.
Many of the parking lots in the surrounding areas are designated for Bulldog Bash parking for individuals headed to the Cotton District.
Jimmie Thompson, McAllister’s Deli manager, said the foot-traffic from Bulldog Bash lends to the increase in sales during this time every year.
“We really try to promote our catering this weekend with Bulldog Bash and the Texas A&M game,” Thompson said.
Andy Thornton, Bin 612 general manager, said his staff is preparing for the large mass of people expected to be in the Cotton District during Bulldog Bash and will have everyone working.
“We’ve ordered hundreds of cases of beer, and the liquor orders are bigger than they’ve ever been,” he said.
Briggs said Sweet Peppers obtained a one-day beer license specifically for Bulldog Bash.
In addition to the alcohol, a variety of food can be found throughout Starkville during Bulldog Bash.
With FanFare beginning at 3 p.m., followed by DawgRally in the District at 5:30, the crowds will be gathered in the Cotton District for most of the day.
Businesses will be working to service the needs of everyone in the Cotton District non-stop.
Businesses will provide a nearby reprieve from the madness of the crowds and professional catering to thosewho prefer to stay home.