Morgan Nelson named 2024 Miss MSU

Miss+MSU
Josh Hughes | The Reflector
Miss MSU

Thirteen women competed for a chance to win the title of Miss Mississippi State University in Bettersworth Auditorium Sept. 28 at 6:30 p.m.
Each of the contestants were showcased in categories of talent, fitness, evening gown and onstage questions with one winner overall.
Morgan Nelson, a junior from Vicksburg, Mississippi, was crowned the 65th Miss Mississippi State University winner. Alternates named were Sarah Randolph, Natalie Robertson and Jaycee Janzen.
Nelson stated that her win was incredibly significant to her.
“As a woman, I am super super excited to have been given the opportunity to represent Mississippi State University this year, 2024, during my reign. I’m so excited for further events, different appearances and even the Miss Mississippi competition in 2024,” Nelson said.
Alongside the overall winner and alternates, the talent competition had one winner. Delegates during this portion of the competition performed talents such as dancing, singing and playing instruments.
Sophomore Natalie Robertson was named talent winner in addition to second alternate. Robertson sang Aretha Franklin’s “(You Make Feel Like) A Natural Woman” during the talent portion. Robertson said that she is in good spirits despite not winning the Miss MSU title.
“I feel so grateful that I had the opportunity to compete for Miss MSU. It was a great opportunity to meet likeminded women who are passionate about serving their communities, but they’re passionate about serving on campus,” Robertson said.
Robertson also expressed her support for Nelson as Miss MSU.
“Morgan is going to be a wonderful representative of Mississippi State University. If I could give her one piece of advice it would be to really just live in the moment this year and not take it for granted because this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I wish her the best of luck as she goes on to compete for Miss Mississippi,” Robertson said.
Pageant director, Taylor Roberson, said that this event will benefit women by awarding them a scholarship to promote female empowerment. Roberson also praised the staff for their level of contribution.
“We get a lot of help from event services. We are so thankful for all they do during our rehearsal and the night of the show, helping us with all of the audio, visual and lighting,” Roberson said.
Alongside winning the crown, Morgan Nelson received a scholarship and will go on to compete in the Miss Mississippi pageant in Vicksburg in summer 2024.
Tickets to attend the Miss Mississippi competition can be purchased from the Miss Mississippi website.