College student corners Bully mascot, shouts ‘I can see you in there’

The Reflector Archives

Bully at a football game just months before he was traumatized by a drunken student. 

A Mississippi State University student changed the swing of things at Dudy Noble Field.
Jeremy Beckett, a sixth-year student with no completed majors or minors, went on a drunken rampage during the seventh inning in the second game of the Diamond Dawgs’ weekend series.
Beckett, a frequent flier of the student section who holds the accolade of ‘most shotgunned beers out of vessels other than cups,’ continued his tradition that afternoon.
After slurping the remnants of a Michelob Ultra and pickle juice cocktail out of a pickle jar, the student smashed the jar and hopped the railing that divides the crowd from the baseball field.
“I’ll never graduate, never!” He shouted as he made his way on the field.
State troopers with hats taller than Doug Dimmadome’s trailed behind Beckett as he made his way toward the Left Field Lounge.
The seasoned grill masters in the lounge helped him scale the fence; they plopped a hot dog in his hand before cheering, “Go dawgs!”
The usual police officers who made their home in the Left Field Lounge were unaware of the commotion occurring because they were enjoying grill master hot dogs themselves.
Beckett breezed up the stairs, his mullet blowing briskly in the wind, and made his way toward the Bully mascot who was greeting another whiny child.
Beckett bit off another chunk off of his hot dog before tossing it aside and cornering the Bully mascot at the edge of the upper railing.
With his mouth full of an Oscar Meyer wiener, he leaned toward the mascot’s face and stared intently.
“I can see you in there,” he shouted while pointing his finger at the mascot.
The section officers finally noticed the commotion and moved in to capture Beckett.
 He grabbed two umbrellas from the lounges, sat on the railing and exclaimed, “I’m Mary freaking Poppins!” before leaping and injuring himself.
Beckett is currently being treated for his injuries by the pre-med students who always claim they know more than you.
Beckett’s lawyer’s only comment on the matter to the public was, “April Fools.”
Editor’s note: All details, facts and figures in this Ye Deflector article were fabricated. Check back on Wednesday for your regularly scheduled content.

Emma Dotson
Emma Dotson, Former Opinion Editor
Emma Dotson served as the Opinion Editor from 2021 to 2022.