Would head coach Dan Mullen leave?

Dan+mullen
Emma Katherine Hutto
Dan mullen

Due to recent struggles at the University of Florida, head coach Will Muschamp looks to be as good as fired at this point in the season. 
The Florida Gators look like an absolute disaster on the football field. Quarterback Jeff Driskel cannot pass for more than 200 yards in a game, and the other skill position players are just as weak. Muschamp is known as a strong defensive coach, but do the Gators have a strong defense on which to rely? No. 
Early this year Florida gave up over 600 yards to an Alabama team that struggled to score 14 points on the Arkansas Razorbacks this season. All of this to say, Muschamp’s days in Gainesville, Florida appear to be numbered. 
Gator fans have begun a website calling for Mississippi State head coach Dan Mullen to right the ship for Florida. Mullen inherited a tough situation at MSU where success does not come easy, and now, Mullen is now on almost every coach of the year list around the country.
Would Mullen leave Starkville for his old stomping grounds? He was the offense coordinator for Florida before making the move to MSU. Florida is usually perceived as a better job, the facilities are some of the best in the country and it is one of the best areas for recruiting in the country. MSU cannot compare to all of that. It should be an easy conclusion to make. But is it?
In 2011, Penn State came knocking on the door for Mullen. Miami also made a push for him before the school opted to go with Al Golden. Teams have been interested in Mullen before, but he has always stuck with the team that took a chance on him six years ago. Mullen’s first head coaching job was in the SEC West–MSU gave him his shot before any other team.
Florida has an athletic budget that dwarfs Mississippi State’s budget, but Muschamp does not make much more than Mullen. Muschamp is just the ninth highest paid coach in the SEC. Mullen is tenth. Florida has the ability to throw money at Mullen, but it would require having to possibly double what they currently paying. In years past, there would have been no way for Mississippi State to match what Florida would offer, but now, due to the SEC Network, SEC teams will have more money in their athletic budget than ever before. MSU would be able to match the offer Florida would put in front of Mullen.
Then, of course, there is stability and job security. Mullen has been in Starkville for six years now and has built the program from the ground up. The fan base questioned Mullen at times, but now that he has MSU playing like the best team in the country, fans are all in. This is shaping up to be a magical season in Starkville. A College Playoff birth would buy Mullen years of unquestioned loyalty from the MSU faithful. 
At Florida, Muschamp led the Gators to the Sugar Bowl in 2012, but now looks like he will not be the head coach by the end of the season. MSU has never known winning and celebrates it, but Florida expects it every year. Mullen also spent six years recruiting the players he wanted to run his system. To start over at a place that demands victories immediately with players that are not supposed to run Mullen’s zone-read heavy offense could be a tough sell. The fact there have been rumors Mullen and current Florida Athletic Director Jeremy Foley do not get along could hurt Florida’s chances as well.
Mullen has put so much time into the MSU football program to make it a winning one. Why would he leave for Florida and start all over? Ten years ago Florida would have been the easy choice, but times have changed and Mullen is proving he can build a team that can compete and win at the highest level in the SEC. Would he leave for Florida? Possibly. But the reasons to stay stack up against those to leave.