Mitchell Memorial extends hours for finals

The Mitchell Memorial Library at Mississippi State University will begin operations for 24 hours on Sunday until Thursday, May 8 for students to have a place to study with fewer distractions.
 Access Services, computer commons and open spaces for a group or individual study will be part of this initiative. 
Einstein Brothers Bagels., located in the library will be open until midnight beginning May 3rd. 
The library administration is plans to offer coffee and snacks at a reduced price after Einstein’s closes but it has not been finalized. 
Access Services coordinator Summer Mord said she has received positive responses from the students about this service. 
“They come in, they use the building and they like being able to come in on odd hours,” Mord said, “You can check out books, you can get dry-erase markers for the study rooms, we have phone chargers now, you can reserve the think tank and use it,” she said.
Paul Davis, MSU senior, interdisciplinary studies said it will be very beneficial for him if the library is open 24 hours every day. 
“Many people, particularly non-traditional students like myself have a varying schedule and being able to come anytime of the day or night or evening is very beneficial,” Davis said. 
The instructional media center in the library, which checks out projectors, laptops, netbooks and cameras, will close at 10 p.m.