MSU group promotes donor recognition

In an effort to show gratitude to Mississippi State University donors, the Foundation Ambassadors will host Donor Appreciation Day this Wednesday on the Drill Field from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. 
In a phone interview, Kate Berryman, Foundation Ambassadors president and junior interior design major said the goal of Donor Appreciation Day is to promote awareness of those who make donations for the betterment of Mississippi State University.
She said Foundation Ambassadors hosts the event each semester.
“Basically we take one day out of every semester to show a lot of appreciation for our donors,” she said.
Berryman said the group will be set up on the Drill Field and students can stop by to write a thank you letter to a donor.
Students who write a letter will receive a free pair of sunglasses.
Berryman said there will be stop signs set up in front of buildings and structures around campus that have been made possible by donations.
“We really want students to see the physical impact that the generosity of our donors have on campus,” she said. Additionally, free lemonade will be offered to students who stop by the Foundation Ambassadors tent Wednesday.
Berryman said Foundation Ambassadors will also be doing a give-away of sports memorabilia signed by head football coach Dan Mullen and head men’s basketball coach Rick Ray.
Students will be entered into a pool to win the memorabilia by tweeting with the hashtag #DawgsDigDonors, and a random winner will be selected from the group of tweets.
Berryman said the event is designed not only to recognize donors, but also to spread the word about Foundation Ambassadors and its role as an organization.
“Foundation Ambassadors provides a bridge between donors and students,” she said. “When donors can see where their money is going, they are more likely to give more money; they like to see that their money is useful.”