BREAKING: Police searching for alleged carjacking suspect

According to a Starkville Daily News online article, Starkville Police Department officials are searching for a suspect involved in a carjacking incident that occurred late Wednesday.
    The victim, a 19-year-old female Mississippi State University student, told the police at 11:21 p.m. Wednesday that she was approached by a man in the breezeway of her apartment at Lakeside Place Apartments, according to the article. She said she was forced into her car at gunpoint by the man, who she described as a 5 foot, six inches tall stocky, dark-skinned black male with a goatee.
    Police detective Eddie Young told the SDN that the man forced the victim into the passenger seat of her black Nissan Altima and pulled out a black and silver handgun.
    The victim jumped from the moving vehicle into a ditch after driving for one-fourth of a mile, according to the article. She encountered a passerby who contacted the police.
    The suspect fled the scene on foot, according to Young.
    Anyone who knows information about the incident should call the Starkville Police Department at 323-4131 or Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 1-800-530-7151.